Woodlawn Christian Church
Disciples of Christ & American Baptist Church
Welcome to Woodlawn!
We are a friendly little church in a very friendly little town.
We are a dually affiliated church serving both the Disciples of Christ and the American Baptist denominations.
Between our two faith traditions we have been working, worshiping, and serving the Lake City, IA community for over 156 years.
Both Woodlawn Christian and First Baptist Church were first founded in the 1860's here in Lake City.
Both of our faith traditions believe in the autonomy of the local church and the individual believers.
We are proud of both of our heritages and thrilled to have joined together in 2017 in order to continue and to expand our impact in Lake City and beyond.
Please drop in and worship with us at the following times...
Thursday evenings at 7:00 P.M. via live stream on our Facebook page.
Sunday morning worship ** at 10:00 A.M. at the church and live stream on our Facebook page.
** PLEASE SEE OUR WORSHIP GUIDELINES DIRECTLY BELOW.
In the event you are searching or looking for an ear to bend, feel free to drop in or call the office at (712) 464-3290 and visit with Pastor Roy.
God bless and we look forward to meeting and worshiping with you!
WOODLAWN CHRISTIAN CHURCH DOC & ABC
WORSHIP GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19
- Masks covering your mouth and nose are required when entering the church building, masks are available if you do not have your own. Once you are seated you may remove your mask, however, we do ask that you put the mask back on to leave the building. If you are able to wear the mask throughout the service, that is recommended and much appreciated.
- The application of hand sanitizer immediately before entering the building will be required.
- Please maintain social distancing (6' minimum) and refrain from: hugs, fist bumps, shaking hands, etc.
- There will be a table located near the Church entrance where we kindly ask that you pick up your bulletin, offering envelope, pre-packaged communion cup (with juice & wafer), a face mask, and that you apply hand sanitizer (located on the table) BEFORE you enter the sanctuary.
- Please leave your offering in the offering plates located near the entrances to the sanctuary.
- There will be wastebaskets near the sanctuary doors to discard your used communion cup.
- Fellowship prior to and following worship has been SUSPENDED during this time. Socializing after church should be done on your own, outside of the church building.
- The nursery will NOT be available during this time.
- Families who live together are allowed to sit in the same pew. Please only seat one family per pew.
- Couples are allowed to sit together with one (1) couple at each end of the pew.
- Single individuals should sit two (2) to a pew with one (1) at each end.
- Every third pew is available. The other pews have been marked off. Please only sit in the predetermined locations in order to accommodate the 'social-distancing' requirements.
- We will be dismissing the congregation one row of pews at a time, beginning at the back of the Sanctuary and preceding towards the front. Please remain seated until your pew is dismissed.
- All services at Woodlawn will continue to be live-streamed via FaceBook. If you remain concerned about joining us in person, you are very much welcomed to watch and participate in the service online. Pastor will continue to live-stream the 'Daily Devotions' on FaceBook until worship is back to normal.
- There will be no Adult nor Children's Sunday School until further notice and consideration by the Christian Council. There will be no Sunday night activities until determined by the Christian Council.
- If you are feeling ill, if you have a cough, fever, or a runny nose, we ask that you please not attend worship until you are feeling entirely well. Please allow 10 days after last known fever and if you have had respiratory symptoms, please allow for improvement in respiratory function.
The leadership of Woodlawn sincerely and graciously thanks you for your cooperation and generous understanding during this difficult and controversial time. God bless and please... Be a blessing to someone today!